My Latest Parliamentary Appearances
- Mike Gapes: First, may I pay tribute to you, Mr Speaker, for what you have done standing up for representative parliamentary democracy against an arrogant and overbearing Executive? I do not have long. I want to make two points. First, there is an old adage: neither Washington nor Moscow. I […]
- Mike Gapes: rose—[Interruption.]
- Mike Gapes: Before the hon. Gentleman goes further, I should have said that the question is that this House has considered school funding in East Anglia.
- Mike Gapes: I thank the Minister for that reply. I hope that it will stop some of the more lurid scaremongering and campaigning, which is unfortunately diverting people in my constituency from looking at the most important issue: how we use the King George Hospital site in future. Will he […]
- Mike Gapes: Whether his Department’s decision of October 2011 to close the A&E department at King George Hospital, Ilford, has been rescinded; and if he will make a statement on future services at that hospital.